First of all I wish to extend my heartfelt condolences to all the loved ones of the Mangalore plane crash victims on their untimely death . I pray for their souls to rest in peace and hope God gives courage for their family members to deal this situation. Losing a family member is not easy.
I was quite disturbed from morning after seeing all the visuals on TV. However, this made me think about life. It’s really silly and immature that we have fears for some unnecessary things in life, however we can live our life in a better manner when we realize that each one us may die at any time . Death is not something which comes to us according to our convenience and according to our schedules. So, when death comes to us, we should be able to die without regret. We should not wait to do things. We should not post pone things. We should live our life with a strong message ringing in our mind always ‘We are mortals.’
We need to learn to live happily in our current state without waiting for some great thing to happen. I am sharing some tips suggested to us in our Art of Living classes:
On the aspect of Happiness :
- Learn to live in the present moment. Don’t bother about past or future.
- Learn , not to relate your happiness to a PERSON, or EVENT or WORK….you need not wait things to happen or people to come TO BE HAPPY at this PRESENT MOMENT
- Learn to appreciate the beauty of all the opposites in life… as they are complementary..appreciate light and darkness..appreciate problems and good times…appreciate failure and success…. etc…
- Learn to accept yourself
- Learn to accept the PRESENT MOMENT as it is with SMILE….we have no other option left to accept life..then why bother to accept life with a cry or anger….accept it with SMILE
- If something is good for you YOU WILL GET IT … don’t spoil the present moment unnecessarily planning and worrying about that…
On having control over your emotions:
YOU are NOT a TV. Do not give the remote of your life to anyone. Take charge of your life. Do not let other people play with your emotions…added to that you not a silly machine…that you need to react and act to everything told by others…just like if others want to make you ANGRY…they need not succeed by simply pressing a red button, if other want to make you depressed…they need not succeed by pressing Black button…..driving the point home…don’t let your emotions flow on the basis of others action….YOU NEED TO CHOOSE and have CONTROL on your emotions and feelings…..
On the aspect of accepting people :
In general we have problem when meet folks whose interests DO NOT match with ours…we think ..they are not of our type..our wavelengths are different and all…so WE HAVE PROBLEM WITH NOT SO LIKE MINDED FOLKS…..
When we meet a person with our same interests, same mindsets, same ideas of life, same hobbies…..EVEN then WE HAVE A PROBLEM…we feel that person is trying to COPY YOU or TRYING TO IMPRESS you as they want some favor from US….so WE HAVE PROBLEM WITH LIKE MINDED FOLKS too…..
Driving the point home….WE SHOULD STOP JUDGING THE PEOPLE AND WE NEED TO LEARN ACCEPTING THE PEOPLE AS THEY ARE …..ACCEPTING THE PEOPLE SOLVES 60 percent of our life’s problems….
YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE NOT THE PHYSICAL BODY. YOUR ARE SOMETHING DIFFERENT. YOU ARE PERMANENT AND THE SITUATIONS ARE NOT PERMANENT , THEY CHANGE.
THINGS THAT BOTHER YOU AT CERTAIN POINT OF AGE , DO NOT MATTER AFTER CERTAIN AGE. SO CHILL!!!! DON’T WORRY ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF PRESENT MOMENT.