Yes agree that we need to have goals in life. If we have a goal , then how should we achieve our goals, what method should we adopt to achieve those goals? Are there any methods to achieve our goals. In the book “The Monk who sold Ferrari”, Mr. Robin Sharma made an attempt to help us in attaining our goals. He suggested a method called “The five Step Method For Attaining Goals”.
I wish to mention that method in simple words, please try to think about this method. The five steps suggested are :
- Have a clear vision of your outcome.
- Create positive pressure to keep you inspired.
- Never set a goal without attaching a timeline to it.
- Follow the magic rule of 21: The Magic rule of 21 is ” For a new behavior to crystallize into a habit, one habit to perform the new activity for 21 days in a row”.
- Enjoy the Process. Make sure that you have fun while you are advancing along the path of your goals and purpose.
We will understand it in a better manner by taking a simple example. Say you want to learn “Web designing “. You need to have a proper vision about your goal of learning the web designing. You need to create postive pressure by telling your friends and family about your goal of learning web designing. They will suggest you about the course, encourage you to practice when you start learning etc. When you start learning, practice that habit regulary atleast for 21 days. Last but not least , you need to enjoy this process of learning 🙂
However, one need to remember that one need to start afresh in life without regretting what has happened in the past 🙂
Prasanna Rayaprolu 🙂